Why Choose Research Rockstar?
Research Rockstar LLC is the world’s only independent market research training company. We are dedicated to making market research skills and best practices available to anybody interested in planning, managing or using market research. Our students are from very small organizations up to Fortune 100 companies, and include researchers from both market research agencies and corporate research departments. We also have many students who are not full-time market researchers but instead are marketing, sales and product management professionals interested in market research skills for career enhancement.
We believe that market research training can be effective and fun. Therefore, our courses:
- Are conducted in a virtual classroom with a live instructor
- Feature real-world applications and practical best practices
- Include interactivity so students can ask questions and share experiences
- Are recorded and available for replay for 60 days following each course
- Enhance the learning experience through exercises, printable workbooks, and job aids
What is a virtual classroom?
In a virtual classroom, students view slides and a whiteboard, listen to the real-time instructor, and can ask questions from the comfort of home or work. They also have easy access to download related materials such as templates, workbooks and examples. We often add in video components and interactive polls.
What is the difference between an instructor-led course and an on-demand course?
- Our instructor-led courses meet at a specified date and time and are conducted in real-time. These courses typically have between 5 and 15 students participating. See the description of the virtual classroom for more details.
- On-demand courses are viewable from any web browser, at your leisure. These courses are narrated and include a clickable table of contents as well as interactive exercises and quizzes. Students taking on-demand courses can send the instructor questions through the Training Portal.
How do I access the virtual classroom?
Once you enroll, you’ll receive a welcome email with instructions for accessing our Training Portal. Please read the instructions.
For the course, you will need:
- A standard laptop or PC with web browser. It doesn’t matter if it’s Windows or Mac; however, we don’t recommend participating with a tablet or smart phone.
- A reliable Internet connection. If you will be accessing the virtual classroom over a Wi-Fi connection, be sure that it has a strong signal. We use lots of audio and video, so bandwidth counts!
- A headphone or use of your computer’s speakers. The audio is facilitated through VOIP (voice over IP) therefore there is no separate dial-in telephone number.
How can I use the one-on-one instructor time?
Included in most courses is the benefit of one-on-one instructor time. Instructor time must be scheduled within 7 days of course end date (and most appointments take place within 2 weeks).
Previous students have chosen to use the instructor time to:
- Explore a course topic in a more personalized manner.
- Discuss how that day’s lesson might apply to a specific work project.
- Talk about other general topics such as market research industry trends or career advice
Note: one-on-one instructor time is not included in training bundles or discounted promotions.
I have a team of people who’d like to sign up for one of the training programs. Can we get a discount?
Yes. If you have a team of five or more people taking one of our courses, please contact email@example.com to ask about volume discounts. We also offer custom training for groups either in the virtual classroom or at your location.
Many groups find that the Backstage Pass subscription is their most economical option.
How will I know what course to take?
We are happy to make course suggestions based on your current skill set and goals. If you would like to try a course before enrolling, you may attend one of our demo days (be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you can find out when the next one will be). To schedule a no-pressure training consultation, please email Toni at TThompson@ResearchRockstar.com. Or call 508.691.6004 extension 711.
What if I need to make a change?
If you sign up for a course that is being held on a specific date, we require 24 hours’ notice. This will allow us to free your seat for another student. You will then be able to select whatever upcoming date works best for you. Also, sometimes needs change; if you decide to transfer your registration to a different course of the same price, or give it to a colleague, we are happy to accommodate.
Are courses ever cancelled or rescheduled?
Yes. We have live instructors, and human beings sometimes get sick or have unavoidable conflicts. This happens rarely. Students are notified, and we try to find a make-up date that will work for the majority. Students may also be offered substitute courses, recordings of past courses or other options as the instructor deems relevant for the particular course in question.
Is there a satisfaction guarantee?
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your course, simply send us an email within 5 business days from the completion of the course, and we will give you a full refund.